This year, a student from Egypt, Hussein Tarek Hosny Ahmed, entered YuSU. This is the first student at the university from this North African country. At YuSU the Egyptian northerner, as Tarek Hosni calls himself, studies in the first year at the Higher School of Humanities at the direction of "Linguistics". Tarek knows Russian very well and listens to Russian music. He is part of the Russian Victory Volunteers movement in Egypt at the Russian House. The YuSU student took part in the International Forum " Volunteers of Victory" in Nizhny Novgorod, which brought together 200 of the best volunteers in the sphere of preserving historical memory from all over Russia and foreign countries. We took a short interview with our Egyptian student.
- How did it happen that you started studying Russian?
- At first I wanted to go to medical school, but I was assigned to the humanities faculty. Then I chose to study Russian because there are a lot of Russian-speaking tourists in Egypt.
How did you find out about YuSU?
- I met some of YuSU's professors at the Russian House in Cairo. They showed me the city and the university and told me about them. I liked the fact that YuSU is a young university but has already achieved great success.
- What do you like most about studying at YuSU?
- The fact that all professors and students support me.
- What do you like about Khanty-Mansiysk?
- Khanty-Mansiysk is very beautiful. I like the snow most of all!
- Why did you decide to become a Victory Volunteer?
- Because I am interested in Russian history, literature and culture, and because I believe that preserving memory is the duty of all people, not just Russians. And I have a great respect for those who sacrificed their lives for their Motherland and so that people could live a free life.
- How was the Victory Volunteer Forum in Nizhny Novgorod?
- I can say that this forum was the best. There was such a warm atmosphere, good, caring people and very friendly environment.
- What kind of Russian music do you listen to?
- I like songs by the band Lyube and the artist Jony.